Sunday 27 June 2010

Never again mode

Just like the walkers, I've been going through that "never again" phase today. I was "on the go" from 5.30 am yesterday until 10.30 am today when I got a couple of hours sleep. Although I said earlier that I was not going to do much tonight I did plan more than I achieved on the site which was nothing! As soon as I turn my back on my email I find hundreds have arrived. Although many of them are welcome and enjoyable, I do get fed up with people who think it is their right to have my time freely and mark their emails as "urgent" (tip: there is no better way to ensure that I won't give it top priority) when they either fail to use the 6 month period they have to enter the Parish Walk, don't read the rules of the forum that require them to register with their real name or just assume the event that they are involved is the only event in the world!

I've just completed a pretty grueling marathon training which week left me tired before the start of the PW. I've only just had a chance to review the full results. I probably know about 300 of the 1710 entrants and I would like to say well done or console those that retired and were unable to start - so far I have contacted 3!

Hopefully with a little more sleep tonight and the next two days of my annual leave to work on the website I will soon be planning for the 2011 site and forgetting these never again moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment