Tuesday 29 June 2010

Good time to thank Mike


I've just spent the last five hours in the company of my eldest brother Mike and his family. It was like a food crawl in Peel - eating at the Marine and then walking about 20 yards to the ice cream shop and consuming the biggest ice cream of my life.

The photo above from 1967 is of our family - the 4Ms we were known as. Although he is not at athlete, I have always got on particularly well with Mike and we share lots of the same interests in sport, music and current affairs.

This is the third time in four years that he has traveled to the Parish Walk to help me with the photography although at least this time he was able to combine it with a family holiday. His son in law David made it to Peel on his debut and is already talking about the next two years.

Today was the first time that I have really relaxed for a few days and always planned to spend some time with Mike's family - I certainly wasn't in chatting mood at the weekend.

So thanks to Mike for coming over and for all the photos at the start, Union Mills, Newtown. the Sloc and Peel - the places his bossy younger brother sent him to!

No comments:

Post a Comment